Details: Health care information is highly complex, dynamic, and time-oriented, and it is important for students to understand the growth of technology in health care. This assignment is designed to assist the student in gaining a broader understanding of the complexity and challenges that accompany the integration of health information technology. Emphasis is placed on the evaluation of efficiency, effectiveness, and the challenges of overcoming the barriers while utilizing technology in the management of a health care organization.
The Information Systems Integration Project assignment has two components: an individual written paper (Part One), and a Group Learning Community slide presentation (Part Two). The Part One assignment is due in Topic 4. The Part Two assignment is due in Topic 8.
Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) groups will be assigned by the instructor in Topic 3. The instructor will observe group participation within the CLC discussion forums; therefore all materials and communication for both Part One and Part Two of the Information Systems Integration Project assignment should be exchanged in this forum between team members. Individuals not participating may lose points at the end of the assignment.
For the Information Systems Integration Project – Part One assignment individual students are required to interview at least one health care IT professional regarding the integration of a health management information system (HMIS) into an existing facility. You will need to develop your own interview questions to successfully complete this assignment. Please read chapter 7 in your textbook prior to completing your IT professional interview and address the chapter questions to assist you in formulating appropriate and insightful interview questions.
You will use the results of the individual Information Systems Integration Project – Part One assignment for the Part Two Group component in Topic 8.
After completing your individual interview(s), compose a 1,000-1,250 word paper that includes the following:
1. Describe the type of health care organization and the role(s) of the IT professional(s) that you interviewed.
2. Explain what HMIS means to the individual(s) and provide a summary of the interview discussion.
3. Discuss the importance of HMIS both within and across health care organizations using examples from the interview(s) that you conducted.
4. Describe the cost, time, and delivery of quality services associated with an HMIS.
5 .As an “Addendum” section to your paper, attach a printed copy of the interview questions you crafted and used in your health care IT professional interview.
**You are required to use four qualified references in addition to your textbook for this paper.
***Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines.
****You will be graded on:
1. Interview of An Appropriate Health Care IT Professional: At least two health care IT professionals interviewed work in appropriate roles in one or more facilities that use(s) HMIS. Interviewees provide substantive information for this assignment, and work in different areas of facilities, each of which has high HMIS usage in order to provide maximum feedback.
2. Description of Health Care Organization and Role of the IT Professional Interviewed: The description of the health care organization and/or the role of the IT professional interviewed is exceptional in detail, is insightful, considers additional questions for further examination, and is portrayed clearly and comprehensively.
3. Explanation of the Interviewee’s Perception of HMIS and an Interview Summary Discussion: Explanation provided includes a thorough and insightful overview of the interviewee’s perception of HMIS as well as a detailed interview summary which also considers how related IT information might apply.
4. Discussion of the Importance of HMIS Both Within and Across Health Care Organizations Using Examples From the Interview(s) Conducted: Essay includes a comprehensive and insightful discussion of the importance of HMIS both within and across health care organizations using multiple relevant examples from the interview(s) conducted. Essay incorporates relevant examples from other organizations to back up assertions and underscore key points.
5. Description of the Cost, Time, and Delivery of Quality Services Associated With an HMIS: Essay incorporates a comprehensive and insightful description of the cost, time, and delivery of quality services associated with an HMIS inclusive of all relevant data. Analysis goes beyond the data to consider relative factors which might impact the HMIS usage at the organization or those similar.
6. Inclusion of Appropriate and Insightful Interview Questions: Essay provides a list of interview questions that are appropriate, illustrate a firm command of the information needed for the intent and purpose of this assignment, and probe deeper into future needs in order to add a deeper level of understanding and context to the assignment.
7. Thesis Development and Purpose: Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
8. Argument Logic and Construction: Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.