As you learned in the previous module, delivering bad news requires communicating honestly and directly, but also effectively. Communicating negative information or giving feedback to an employee is especially important for both the employee’s as well as the organization’s morale.
Review the following scenario:
Nancy Douglas is an assistant accountant for the hardware division of Crothwall and Associates—an IT company founded in 1997 and currently worth five billion dollars. The company conducts performance appraisals twice a year. Nancy has worked for the company for a year and a half and has received a B grade on her performance for both the appraisal cycles. After her second appraisal, Nancy had made a ten-thousand-dollar accounting mistake. Nancy takes an hour to commute to work and is a single parent. She has two children, ages three and six, and is on medication for insomnia.
Assume that you are an assistant HR manager at Crothwall and Associates. You need to inform Nancy that she has received a C grade on her performance after the third appraisal and this is her only opportunity to improve the quality of her work.
Based on your analysis of the scenario, the module readings,
Complete the following readings :
- Read the online lectures for the Module
- From the textbook, Leadership Communication, read the following chapters:
- Chapter 13 – Leadership through Strategic Internal Communication
- Chapter 14 – Leadership through Effective External Relations
Note: On the Online Library homepage, click on the Find Articles button. On the Find Articles & More page, find the link to the database Business Source Complete in the alphabetical list. In Business Source Complete, search by the article title to locate the full text of the article.
the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, develop a scenario, including dialogue, for the conversation between you and Nancy in this situation. The scenario should be a properly worded communication and use communication etiquette effectively.
Be sure to give reasons for your assertions and support them with scholarly research.
By Friday March 30, 2018 post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area.
Write your initial response in . Turned-in on time, Plagiarism Free. Indented Paragraphs, Questions included followed by the answers, Cover Page, Reference Page, Running-Heads included, Pages Numbered, Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, Please work on your APA formatting of citations. I have provided the APA resource cite for you. t 5 years, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation, keep in mind there should not be any one, two, or three sentence paragraphs. Follow Grading Criteria and all the assignments details and qualifications.
Do the following when responding :
- Read your answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Quality of initial posting, including fulfillment of assignment instructions
Reference to supporting readings and other materials
Language and grammar