BHS(5) Case consent and research
For this Case Assignment, you are part of a medical research team and are tasked with gaining informed consent from potential participants. The study will seek to test an experimental drug with patients suffering from late-stage leukemia. The sample will be divided into a control group and the experimental group. Participants in the control group will be given a placebo, which could increase the progression of their disease. The sample will be composed of children.
Discuss how you would go about seeking the consent of participants.
- What questions would you expect from their parents/guardians?
- How much information should you share with the children?
- Should this type of study involve children given the risks of speeding the progression of the disease?
- Apply critical thinking skills within the write-up for this assignment, especially with regard to #2 and #3 above.
- Limit your responses to a maximum of three pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Provide scholarly support for your justifications. Be sure to properly cite all references.
APA style with cover page.