Biotechnology and Reproductive Rights, health and medicine homework help
Biotechnology and Reproductive Rights
The ultimate goal of the Session Long Project is to identify and evaluate the ethical principles used in resolving ethical dilemmas, and to apply the principles to specific ethical issues that may have professional, sociological, economic, legal or political implications.
Abortion is an issue that evokes strong reaction from many people. According to the author of Abortion: At the still point of the turning conscientious objection debate,” two of the more prominent voices within public bioethical debate are philosophical views that, on the one hand, hold up bare (human) life as its fundamental value, and, on the other, hold up the life that can choose as its fundamental value. For this assignment, please read the article listed above and respond to the following questions.
- Briefly discuss fly discuss Lee and George’s theory and their position on abortion.
- Briefly discuss Beauchamp and Childress’ theory and position on abortion.
- Briefly discuss the theoretical and practical dynamics of the conscientious objection debate. Be sure to compare and contrast the two theories in your discussion.
- The conscientious objection debate, which Charo and Cantor describe at the socio-political level, centers on a question that can be roughly articulated as, ‘‘How do we handle conﬂicts that arise because people hold divergent moral perspectives? Please provide an example of how this that might occur in your discipline of study. What is the conflict? What are the moral issues that might arise? Which one of theories discussed in the article might be used to resolve these conflicts?
Use the information in the modular background readings as well as resources you find through ProQuest or other online sources. Please be sure to cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of the paper. Submit the paper as a WORD document through the link provided for the assignment.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Be sure to identify and discuss applicable state and federal laws/regulations as well as ethical theories and principles.
- Your opinions must be justified with evidence from the literature.
- Be sure to apply critical thinking skills to the assignment criteria.
- References should be cited properly in the text of your essay (either in parentheses or as footnotes), as well as at the end.
- Several (3-5) scholarly references should be cited for this assignment.
- Please limit your response to 3 pages maximum, not including title and reference pages.
Your paper will be evaluated based on the rubric criteria.
Bedford, E. L. (2012). Abortion: At the still point of the turning conscientious objection debate. HEC Forum, 24(2), 63-82.
Bellieni, C. and Buonocore, G. (2006). ASSISTED PROCREATION: TOO LITTLE CONSIDERATION FOR THE BABIES? Ethics and Medicine 22 (2), pg. 93.
Jedediah Purdy. (2006). The New Biopolitics: Autonomy, Demography, and Nationhood. Brigham Young University Law Review, 2006(4), 889-955.
Mallia, P.. (2010). Problems faced with legislating for IVF technology in a Roman Catholic Country. Medicine, Health Care, and Philosophy, 13(1), 77-87.
Newmeyer, T., Sandy, N. T., Jaworsky, D., Chihrin, S., Gough, K., Rachlis, A., . . . Mona, R. L. (2011). Case series of fertility treatment in HIV-discordant couples (male positive, female negative): The ontario experience. PLoS One, 6(9)