1. Explain what tinplate is, and how it’s related to steel cans for canned foods.
2. Why did steelmakers ramp up production and improve the quality of the tin-coated steel sheet they produce?
3. Why did U.S. steelmakers expect demand for their tin-coated steel to increase this year?
4. How does crop production in the Farm Belt impact demand for tin-coated steel sheet?
5. Explain how this article illustrated derived demand.
6. Why is demand forecasting so important to industries like the U.S. steel industry? Why is it also so difficult to accurately forecast demand for a product like steel?
And here is article: Poor Vegetable Crop Dents Demand for Tin Cans