Identify current evidence-based treatment modalities for the selected cancer and discuss how the treatment impacts the disease process.
Conduct an evidence-based literature search to identify the most recent standards of care/treatment modalities from peer-reviewed articles and professional association guidelines (www.guideline.gov). These articles and guidelines can be referenced, but not directly copied into the clinical case presentation. Cite a minimum of three resources.
Include the following in your clinical case presentation:
- A discussion of the pathophysiology of the disease, including signs and symptoms.
- An explanation of diagnostic testing and rationales for each.
- A review of different evidence-based treatment modalities for the disorder obtained from guideline.gov or a professional organization.
Next, address the following questions:
- How does the information in this case inform the practice of a master’s prepared nurse?
- How should the master’s prepared nurse use this information to design a patient education session for someone with this condition?
- What was the most important information presented in this case?
- What was the most confusing or challenging information presented in this case?
- Discuss a patient safety issue that can be addressed for a patient with the condition presented in this case.
The use of medical terminology and appropriate graduate level writing is expected.
Your paper should be 3–4 pages (excluding cover page and reference page).
Your resources must include research articles as well as reference to non-research evidence-based guidelines.
Use APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources. Your source(s) should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources. Cite a minimum of three resources.