Using the General Mills Warm Delights Case pp 647-649.
1.Answer the questions on page 649, 1-5. (20 points total):
1. What is the competitive set of desserts in which Warm Delights is located?
2. (a) Who is the target market? (b) What is the point of difference on the positioning for Warm Delights? (c) What are the potential opportunities and hindrances of the target market and positioning?
3. (a) What marketing research did Vivian Callaway execute? (b) What were the critical questions that led her to conduct research and seek expert advice? (c) How did this affect the product’s marketing mix price, promotion, packaging, and distribution decisions?
4. (a) What initial promotional plan directed to consumers in the target market did Callaway use? (b) Why did this make sense to Callaway and her team when Warm Delights was launched?
5. If you were a consultant to Vivian Callaway, what product changes would you recommend to increase sales of Warm Delights?
2.Write an essay to demonstrate how you use various concepts in the text to work/solve a case like Warm Delights. Be specific and provide examples for the concepts you discuss. Use sub-heads to help organize your essay. Be sure to include market segmentation (10 points), 4 Ps including PRICING (20 points), strategy (20 points), traditional vs. non-traditional channels—use Winterberry in addition to book (20 points), and social channels (10 points).
Your essay should be 8-10 pages total. As usual, type double-spaced, 12 point and maintain English grammar rules of spelling, sentences and paragraphs.