The topic to be written about it: Mitosis-steps & major events in each
Threaded Discussion Rubric
Post 1: Main post
60 Points Possible
1. Student submitted a thorough, accurate and substantive post. This included addressing all of the original questions/topics in a clear, logical and organized manner.
2. Student demonstrated a clear understanding of the topic. Critical thinking about topic was included.
3. Assignment submitted on time and on a different day than other posts. Assignment met 325 word count minimum.
4. Appropriate scientific college-level sources were used. Post contained APA formatted references and in-text citations. The post was grammatically correct.
- You will pick one of the topics from the text below. Do not post on duplicate topics. Scan and select a topic not already posted.
- Create your assignment. Save it in word on your computer/USB /Email it to yourself, etc.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: References are expected to create a substantial main post. The goal is NOT to retype the text but to break down the concepts and clarify where 80% of the post should be in your own words. Cite the source when you summarize or paraphrase or have direct quotes
- APA FORMAT
- *The explanation / background of the topic- Teach the topic to students. Break it down. (*Everyone must do this part). Include the Structure and Function relationship in the body Important. Interesting and current research on the topic.
- Examples to clarify and teach. (Important!) (Your own examples can be critical thinking too.)
- Tips and Tricks for Remembering and Recalling. Is there a mnemonic device that might help you memorize this information or what helps you understand this?
- Connect the dots Use critical thinking. Draw your own conclusions from the research. Why is this an important topic? How does it relate to other concepts in the text? Use your own words and thoughts here.
- 350 WORD MINIMUM