Healthcare policy has been a critical aspect of political administrations over the past 100 years. Understanding the political process and how healthcare policy has changed over the past century is an important start.
- Part I: Write a 2-3 page paper analyzing a minimum of one legislative action that would have an impact on the position and facility you selected.(Hospital Director of Admissions at Rasmussen Region Hospital) Make sure to include the following:
- Discuss the purpose of the legislative action.
- Describe the problem/problems that the legislative action is trying to solve or prevent.
- Discuss other viewpoints or opposing viewpoints of the action.
- This portion of your assignment will require you to research and examine information from various sources. Use a minimum of three credible sources for your paper, with three being an academic source from the Rasmussen College Online Library (don’t forget to include in-text citations throughout your paper with paraphrasing or quoting)
- Make sure to include your APA formatted with title and reference page.
Part II: Memos are not a thing of the past. Many organizations use memos as a way to share important information. Write a standard memo to your supervisor highlighting the key points of each arena (Hint: Microsoft Word has many memo templates). Make sure to include the following in your memo:
- Discuss why you feel the legislative action chosen best coincides with the position and facility that you’ve chosen.
- Discuss your stance on the chosen legislative action and how it impacts the core beliefs and ethics of the facility you that you’ve chosen.
- Make sure to use audience specific language and tone in your memo. Remember, you are writing to your supervisor. Also, remember to use correct formatting for a business memo.