The questions in Part A refer to the material discussed in Module 1 of this course. Respond to the following.
- Discuss reasons why ethics are an important part of an organization.
- Discuss the ethical concerns that have surfaced regarding information technology and property rights.
- Why is it important that companies have a good understanding of the relationship between blame and moral responsibility?
The questions in Part B refer to the material discussed in Module 2 of this course. Respond to the following.
- Describe three issues that make determining utilitarianism difficult.
- Describe how an ethic of virtue can enhance the principles of utilitarianism, rights, justice, and caring.
- Discuss how the unconscious process uses past experiences to effect the moral decision-making process.
The questions in Part C refer to the material discussed in Module 3 of this course. Respond to the following.
- Discuss John Locke’s idea that, in a state of nature, everyone would be political equals and free of constraints, and how those rights affect American institutions.
- According to Adam Smith, how does free market competition provide greater benefits than government interference?
- Discuss Karl Marx’s view on how capitalist economies alienate workers.
The questions in Part D refer to the material discussed in Module 4 of this course. Respond to the following.
- How do price and quantity move to equilibrium in a perfectly competitive market?
- Discuss how a monopoly places restrictions on the negative rights that a perfectly free market respects?
- Discuss the regulation view of oligopoly power.