- Review the assignments for this course, accessed by clicking on the Assignment tab at the top of your screen, and then selecting each Unit# Assignment, and review the description, type, and deliverables.
- Explain your proposed approach for conducting the research necessary to develop quality deliverables, and explain how the information gleaned will support your career development in health care management.
- Please review the approaches proposed by other students, providing objective feedback on opportunities for improvement.
1) Research a local health care organization of your choice, and complete the following tasks:
- Perform a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis, listing at least 2 points in each area.
- Information can be gathered from the Web site or articles about similar organizations from the readings. For example, extended hours of operation could be a strength (internal).
- Choose 1 strength or opportunity, and create a marketing strategy that would promote a competitive advantage for this organization within the community being targeted.
- Determine whether your approach will be market penetration, development, diversification, consolidation, or strategic alliances.
- Are you the market leader, a challenger, a follower, or are you creating a market niche?
- 2) Using the decision-making model, describe the consumer decision-making process for an individual seeking a new primary care physician.
- Go to a local health care system and under â€œChoose a doctorâ€ (or similar wording allowing a search for physicians associated with that center), search for a primary care physician.
- Discuss how the doctor’s information is positioned to make him or her a good choice.
- What types of information are included?
- What types of information do you feel are missing?
- Why do you feel this is important from a marketing perspective?
- Make 2 recommendations for ways to influence that decision at different points in the process.
- How would the health care organization you chose conduct a post-purchase evaluation of your satisfaction with this physician and his or her site?
3) Research a local health care facility or organization that has chosen a niche market to target, and address the following:
- Introduce the organization, and identify the overall population it serves.
- Define a niche market and what makes it so. What is the niche market for this facility?
- Explain the segmentation strategy implemented by this organization.
- Explain how the organization adapts its marketing programs to address that target.
- Do you feel that this approach is or has been effective? What tools did you use to make that decision?
- What would you have done differently?