The purpose of this assignment is to understand the usefulness of evidence and the support it provides when answering a PICOT question.
General Requirements: Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Directions: (Please use the attached forms for tasks below)
Part 1 : Empirical Article Selection
Locate three empirical articles related to your PICOT question that meet all the criteria found on the “Empirical Research Checklist” resource.
Part 2: Research Article Chart
Using the Article Chart” template.
Submit the completed Research Article Chart to your instructor.
Empirical Research Checklist Section Defining Characteristic Contained in Article Not Contained in Article Abstract An abstract of the contents is provided. Introduction The purpose of the study is stated. The scope of the study is stated. A rationale for the study is provided. The hypothesis or research question is stated. Key concepts and terms are noted. A review of the literature is provided. Methods A description of the population sample is provided. The data collection procedure is presented. Other procedures to be used are described. Results A narrative statement of the findings is given. A description of the data collected is given. Findings are supported by graphs and charts. The analysis of the data is explained. Conclusion A summary of the study is provided. Conclusions related to the hypothesis are stated. Questions for future research are presented. References References used in the study are presented.
Research Article Chart Criteria and Defining Characteristics Article 1: Article 2: Article 3: Abstract
After reading the abstract what do you expect to learn from the article?
Introduction: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What is the purpose of the study?
· What is the scope of the study?
· What is the rational for the study?
· What is the hypothesis or research question?
· What key concepts and terms are noted?
· Is a review of the literature provided?
Methods: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What is the population being sampled?
· What data collection procedure is presented?
· What other procedures are described?
Results: Summarize the following in paragraph form.
· What are the given findings?
· How was data collected?
· Are the findings supported by graphs and charts?
· What does the analysis of data state?
Conclusion: Summarize in paragraph form.
· What is the summary of the study?
· What is the conclusion of the hypothesis?
· What are the questions for future research?
· What are the total number of references used in the study?
· List two of the references used.